Press and media
Latest Press Releases
Holcim Canada & University of Toronto host thought-leaders forum on sustainable development
Planned as a first in a series of forums on sustainable development, Sustainability, Durability, and Design: The Future of Building Envelope, kicked off the series organized by Holcim Canada, the University of Toronto’s Department of Civil Engineering and the John H. Daniels Faculty of...
Media release on first quarter 2013
• Increased net income and cash flow from operating activities
• Higher operating EBITDA in Europe and Latin America
• First quarter results in India were impacted by negative market environment
• The Holcim Leadership Journey and the sale of a stake in Australia strengthened financial results
• Reduction of net financial debt over the past twelve months, higher ROIC before tax
Changing day to day habits key to Holcim Canada’s contributions on Earth Day 2013
In addition to participating in the many conservation and stewardship activities the company has organized in communities close to their operations, Holcim Canada employees will have the opportunity to learn about how the sum of changing behaviours and habits can contribute to making a big difference.
Annual General Meeting Holcim Ltd
The 1,251 shareholders attending voted in favor of all motions with large majorities. The proposed payout from capital contribution reserves of CHF 1.15 per registered share and the remuneration report (advisory vote) were among the main motions approved. Newly elected to the Board of Directors were Hanne Birgitte Breinbjerg Sørensen and Anne Wade.
Canada Green Building Council and Holcim Canada advance urban sustainability in Canada
As a Gold National Sponsor, Holcim supports CaGBC 2013 National Conference and EcoDistricts workshops across Canada