Holcim entered the Canadian market in 1951 as St. Lawrence Cement with the commissioning of a cement plant near Quebec City. Since then, through ongoing capital investment and strategic acquisitions such as Associated Quarries & Construction (1961), Dufferin Construction Company (1961), De-Mix (1965), H. Boehmers (1973), and TCG Asphalt & Construction (2001), the company has grown into one of the largest vertically integrated building materials and construction companies in Canada , recording sales of over $1.3 billion in 2008.
In 2009, St. Lawrence Cement became Holcim (Canada) Inc., introducing the parent company name in Canada.
We are a member of the Holcim Group, a global company employing some 85,000 people, with production sites in over 70 countries. With a market presence on every continent, Holcim Group is more globally spread than any other building materials company. The Holcim Group business strategy is based on continuous growth in both developed economies and emerging, high-growth markets.